As a Senior Technical Artist, you will be responsible for helping to lead, plan, prototype and implement solutions for the art team. You will set great examples and help mentor more junior Technical Artists in order to maintain a consistently high standard of support across all disciplines within the studio.
You will represent Splash Damage's art team on all issues related to art production, and work closely with all other teams in assisting with the technical implementation and management of in-house and outsourced assets.
You should have a pragmatic and practical approach to working with technology, with experience working to technical limits and ensuring the art team adheres to these targets. During day-to-day work, you would be handling a diverse range of work including workflow processes, tools, optimization, planning, prototyping, documentation and bug-fixing.
As a Senior Technical Artist, you will:
- Assist with planning and organisation of game and editor features.
- Support the development team technically and artistically.
- Prototype, develop and improve art pipelines.
- Assist the programming team with implementing art-related tools and features.
Skills & Requirements
Essential Skills and Experience
- Great communication and people-management skills.
- Strong problem-solving and can-do attitude.
- Good knowledge of Unreal Engine 4.
- Run-time performance profiling and optimization experience.
- Extensive experience in Autodesk 3dsmax or Autodesk Maya.
- Experience working on AAA PC or console games.
Preferred Skills and Bonus Experience
- Strong digital art skills (modelling, texturing, lighting).
- Vector maths knowledge.
- Experience with performance profiling and optimisation (CPU and/or GPU)
- Experience with programming languages such as C++ or C#
Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply on our careers page: https://www.splashdamage.com/careers/job/oJrhcfwn
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
About the Company
Come join us!
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships for our players and our employees by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences with world-leading partners. Our teams have just celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics and we’re currently working on several exciting unannounced titles.
Our people always come first, and we acted swiftly to ensure that we moved all our employees to a work from home model during the COVID-19 outbreak in the UK, and this will continue for the foreseeable future. With our first-class virtual onboarding programme, we’re able to get you up and running from your home during this time and we’re maintaining our relaxed and welcoming culture with digital social events, daily company communications and much more. We will continue to monitor the situation in line with government advice, but we will expect you to come and work with us in our friendly studio in Bromley as and when it’s safe to do so.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements to suit individual needs and a comprehensive benefits package which focuses on family and mental well-being. Together with this we’ve been running a formal Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme for nearly two years and are committed to increasing diversity across our studio.