Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire an experienced Weapons Concept Artist to join our Rogue Company team, and work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games and value teamwork. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Concept Artist do:
- Explore a wide variety of ideas for new weapons and weapon skins.
- Work in 3D to assist in pre-visualization.
- Create detailed and polished final illustrations as requested.
- Create artwork for both reference use by the Art team, and for promotional and marketing purposes.
- Follow Art Direction to maintain visual style of the game, and create designs that stay within technical constraints.
- Participate in critiquing your work and the work of other artists.
- Assisting with paintovers of images of models in progress to help direct and guide modellers towards a more effective product.
- Create callout pages of real world reference for materials and construction.
Skills & Requirements
Who we are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience creating concept artwork for games, film or animation.
- Portfolio demonstrating exceptional weapon and hard surface designs.
- Strong grasp of design, color theory, value, form, scale, shape language, and silhouette.
- Strong knowledge of human anatomy and proportions.
- Strong grasp on perspective.
- Knowledge of weapon mechanics and modern weaponry.
- Experience working with realism.
- Experience with hard surface design.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate with multiple teams.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable prototyping and working with iterative development processes.
- Proficient with Photoshop.
- Experienced with 3D programsComfortable receiving constructive criticism and making artistic adjustments.
- Excellent work ethic, self-motivation, and ability to take constructive feedback.
- A passion for creating and playing video games.
Preferred candidates have:
- Experience in creating visual designs that support gameplay oriented goals
- Experience with 3D art techniques and software packages such as Maya, 3Ds Max, Blender, Fusion 360, Zbrush, or Mudbox.
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to architecture, landscape painting, and illustration.
- Have shipped an AAA PC or console title as a concept artist.
- Experience with Unreal 3/4 engine, or other game engines
Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Apply at https://jobs.lever.co/hirezstudios/bc3d72cb-a69f-4817-8d30-91883d556c75
About the Company
“Free To Play.” It’s like a four-letter word to gamers – and for good reason. Who wants to get nickle-and-dimed? Who wants to play a game where the “better player” is the one with the bigger pocketbook?
At Hi-Rez Studios, we know there’s a better way. We make Free to Play games that our fans Want to Play. More important, we make Free to Play games that we want to play.
It’s a crazy idea, when you think about it. Giving away games that we spend millions of dollars developing, with the hope that people like them enough to buy costumes. But when you love your games like we do, players can feel it. And they start to love our games too.
We’re proud of the fanbases that have formed around our games. We believe that great games come from great communities – and ours are some of the best.