Do you excel at creating attractive, expressive, and detailed characters? Do you have an impeccable eye for detail, and thrive on iterating ideas while receiving feedback and direction? Can you deliver on a deadline while consistently achieving that "wow" factor? If so, then the character artist position might be what you're looking for. This is for a full-time, remote position.
Apply online: https://deckninegames.com/careers/
- Create character assets for an upcoming AAA title
- Be able to work quickly and efficiently while adhering to the established art direction
- Excellent work ethic, self-motivation, and able to accept constructive criticism and art direction
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Willingness to learn new methods and techniques for asset creation
- Ability to adapt to new art styles
- Maintain a balance of realism and stylization throughout the creation process
- Must have a portfolio
A portfolio showcasing your highest quality 3d and 2d artwork
- Proficiency creating 3d assets using Zbrush and Maya
· Competitive salary depending on experience
· Generous vacation time and paid parental leave
· Health insurance for you and your family at a low cost to you
· Dental and Vision insurance for you and your family at NO cost to you
· Life and Disability benefits at NO cost to you
· Optional Flexible Spending Account (including Healthcare and Limited Purpose), Dependent Care Account, and Health Savings Account available
· Optional Supplemental Health and Life Insurance
· 401(k) Plan with an Employer Match
· Growth opportunities for your career
Salary Range: DOE
We are not able to sponsor visas.
About Deck Nine
Here at Deck Nine Games our passion is storytelling games. We are an independent game developer dedicated to crafting AAA interactive story games that inspire, transform, and entertain players. In 2021 we released Life is Strange True Colors, which went on to win multiple awards for storytelling and visuals, including best storytelling for 2021 and a VGA for Games for Impact. Recently we announced that we are developing a game for the hit sci-fi Amazon series, The Expanse. Our prior titles have won multiple awards, including Game of the Year and nominations for VGA and BAFTA awards. The studio is 150+ amazing people both located in our headquarters in sunny Westminster, Colorado and spread throughout the world permanently remote.
As the crafters of stories that encompass the full breadth of life’s experiences, Deck Nine is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and multicultural team in which people from all walks of life feel inspired to do their best work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and believe deeply in the creativity and strength built from diversity of race, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nationality, and the many other qualities that make us different.
If this sounds appealing to you, please apply now!