This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner DZConnex.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for this position.
For over 30 years, Naughty Dog has been crafting best-selling, critically acclaimed games that constantly push the boundaries of narrative, gameplay, and technology. Our most recent game, The Last of Us Part II, has received over 300 Game of the Year awards and three of our games are among the top 10 highest scored games on the PlayStation 4. As a part of the Naughty Dog legacy, you’ll become a part of continuing the development of extraordinary and enduring experiences for a broad, global range of audiences.
A level lighting artist will be creating lighting and post effects for background lighting.
- Develop the lighting scheme, color-palette, post-processing-fx, and general visual mood that turns unlit 3-D environment models into awesome looking and visually compelling 3D game environments
- Work with modelers and texture/shader artists to optimize the visual look and run-time performance of the Environments
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Skills & Requirements
Requirements & Skills:
- Proven industry experience in Film or Games generating final picture
- General competency in Autodesk Maya and knowledge of Global Illumination
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Thorough understanding of direct/indirect light, luminance / exposure and color-theory
- Some experience with generating light-maps, pre-lighting or baked lighting is desired
As a part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit our website: Level Lighting Artist (Temporary Assignment)
The Recruiting Process
We feel it is important to let you know how the recruiting process works here at Naughty Dog. Here is what you can expect from us:
- Upon submission, you will receive an automated message stating your resume has been received and will be reviewed thoroughly by our recruiting team
- Due to the high volume of applications received, it is not possible to respond directly to each candidate
- If you are selected, you will be contacted for an initial phone screen or test
- The next step is a second phone or Skype interview, or an invite to come out and meet us at the studio
- In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know
- If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file for future consideration
PLEASTE NOTE: Any official email from Naughty Dog will come from the @naughtydog.com domain. We never use Telegram nor do we conduct any interview over chat or text.
Thank you for your interest in Naughty Dog.
About the Company
Naughty Dog is the developer of some of the most critically acclaimed and top-selling video games on PlayStation platforms, having created the classic Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter series, as well as modern franchises Uncharted and The Last of Us. We have become recognized as industry leaders for our storytelling, graphics and cinematic quality in our games.
Naughty Dog is also home to Sony World Wide Studios’ ICE Team, a central technology group that focuses on creating core graphics technologies for Sony’s worldwide first-party published titles, including low-level game engine components, graphics processing pipelines, supporting tools, and graphics profiling and debugging tools.
Since Naughty Dog is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Interactive Entertainment, we also have many perks that comes from being in the Sony family – movie screenings on the Sony Pictures lots and discounts on electronics, music, movies and PlayStation hardware and software. Of course, you just can’t beat our location. Naughty Dog is based near the ocean – and beaches – in Santa Monica, California, where beautiful weather and fair temperatures grace us year-round.