The Art Director will be central in shaping our growing Art Team at d3t. It is a hands-on role overseeing multiple projects, inspiring the artists with your vision and passion for creating the most beautiful game artwork possible. We work with very high-profile clients on amazing game titles and so the quality of the artwork is critical to satisfying and retaining their loyalty.
- Provide clear, concise visual direction and guidance across all Art development at d3t and review all digital assets, providing feedback in a timely manner.
- Share your passion for excellence, create inspiring artwork/style guides to clearly promote the visual quality standards we are aiming for and ensure that everyone is working in creative cohesion to meet these standards.
- Drive the vision forward by working alongside the art team, creating artwork and assets to inspire and guide the other Artists.
- Continually look for opportunities to innovate and improve the visual quality on all projects.
- Take an active role in the planning of project pitches and be comfortable dealing face to face with publishers and other clients to discuss working with them on their games.
- Help to build and raise the profile of the growing art team.
- Mentor Artists in the team providing support and nurturing to encourage their continued growth and helping to improve their skills and build their knowledge.
- Oversee and provide detailed feedback to multiple art disciplines including 2D, 3D, Lighting, VFX, Animation and Concept Art.
Skills & Requirements
- An impeccable eye for aesthetic quality, visual excellence and a high attention to detail demonstrated through an impressive art portfolio.
- Highly proficient in current development tools and software including Unreal, Unity, Maya and/or 3DS Max, Zbrush, Substance and Photoshop.
- A confident art leader with excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will have the ability to articulate visual ideas with clarity and conviction and provide clear feedback and guidance.
- Good understanding of essential art principles; colour and lighting theory, composition and staging techniques.
- Able to creatively supervise and drive artwork, directing the other artists and leading by example.
- The Art Director needs to be agile, overseeing all Art teams and able to adapt to a variety of existing art styles, whilst always pushing for excellence on every game title.
- With exceptional understanding of up to date game development technical processes, you will take a keen interest in latest technology workflows and advancements and have an interest in learning, evaluating and evangelizing appropriate usage of new software, tools and technologies.
- You will have good leadership skills, be a collaborative team player with 3+ years of game art management experience.
- You will have a calm, positive and professional attitude alongside excellent time-management and organisational skills.
Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity or would like further information please contact Sally Samuel, Talent Acquisition Manager. Send your CV to email@example.com
Please note in the current Covid-19 situation this role will be working remotely but will be based in the d3t studio once normal working resumes.
About the Company
Founded in 2011, d3t Ltd is an award-winning, co-development studio delivering work-for-hire video game development services to AAA clients. Based in Cheshire, the team now stands at 85+ enthusiastic, highly and diversely skilled professionals and we are always on the look-out for the best talent to join our team.
We are known for our passion and experience with games and game technology. Our team can contribute at varying stages of the game development process, from rendering & game optimisation, all the way to porting games to a wide array of platforms. As a result, we have partnered on projects with the likes of SEGA, Sony, Curve Digital and Dovetail Games plus many more!
We have won several awards throughout the years including, GamesIndustry.biz Best Places to Work, Develop Awards and local business awards. Our culture is supportive and inclusive, and we adopt an anti-crunch mentality. On top of this, we have a dedication to continual improvement and mentorship, meaning that any individual working for d3t can look forward to future progression opportunities and a positive work culture.
Benefits & Perks – just some of the many offered by d3t
- 22 days holiday (+ 3 extra at Christmas + bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Anti-crunch ethos - an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment!
- Income Protection
- Annual Bonus – be rewarded for great teamwork!
- Free Parking
- Monthly Fitness Sessions
- Complimentary Refreshments – an extensive range to suit all dietary preferences
- Branded Merchandise
- Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual d3t Events
- Breakout Areas – filled with perks such as games, snacks etc.
- Assistance and support with re-location to the area
d3t are always on the look out for talented artists. If you are interested in joining the d3t team and would like to hear more about our current opportunities please email firstname.lastname@example.org (Talent Acquisition Manager).