Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ is a first person, action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment – a Ubisoft studio in collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney. Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine, and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open world experience.
As an Technical Artist you will be the link between art and code. You’ll work with industry-leading tools, like our Snowdrop engine. You’ll empower the visual quality and the tech behind our art by supporting and developing innovative tools to develop and improve workflow and pipelines for our AAA game. As a Technical Artist, you will interact across teams consisting of Artists, Level Designers and Programmers to advance the status quo within technical art and games development. If you have experience in the character side of Tech Art or even as a Senior Character Artist, it would be a plus, since we are looking to strengthen this specialization in the team.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you'll do
- Frequent communication with other artists, level designers and programmers to understand needs
- Developing shaders, textures and meshes with a focus on dynamic and procedural effects
- Documenting and continuously developing best practices
- Evaluation of rendering and memory costs
- Contribute to solving specific issues blocking the production
- Streaming set up and techniques for in-engine assets
Skills & Requirements
What you'll bring
You have an eye for quality and a true focus on how we can advance the overall and immersive feel of our game through next-level tools, workflows and pipelines. You thrive when you find an efficient development solution to a task and that shows in your creative and innovative approach to game development; all with a focus on results and improving efficiency for yourself and your larger team. You're aware that a game is a collaborative endeavor, and you enjoy collaborating with your team members. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Professional experience as a Technical Artist or as a Senior Character Artist, ideally in video games industry
- Knowledge of rendering technology and real-time engines such as Unity or Unreal
- Experience developing AAA games and an understanding of the workflows and pipelines
- In-depth knowledge of the DCC packages
- If you have a portfolio, we're looking forward to seeing it in your resumé
Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
You can apply here: https://smrtr.io/7jgKp
About the Company
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö, Sweden and part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 750 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
You can also find a summary of the Massive Job Perks here.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.