Art Bully Productions is looking for an experienced 3ds Max Biped rigger to work remotely on AAA and indie titles. You will work closely with the Rigging Lead to create complex character rigs that utilize 3ds Max’s Biped system
Skills & Requirements
- Use the 3ds Max Biped system to create complex character rigs. These include bipeds, quadrupeds, flying creatures, and more.
- Use custom dummy controls to add facial rigging to the character.
- Use custom dummy controls to add extra features to the biped rig such as clothing and wings.
- Weight (skin) characters and creatures to have realistic deformations based on their muscular and skeletal anatomy.
- Create custom UI sliders when necessary, to help the animator’s workflow.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Expert knowledge of 3ds Max and the Biped system
- In depth knowledge of MAXScript
- Strong understanding of muscle and joint anatomy for bipeds and quadrupeds.
- Ability to problem solve when challenging rigs come across your desk. We deal with characters from many different games. One day, you may be rigging a simple humanoid, the next day it may be a 6 legged creature that is covered in cloth and chains.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively via remote chat options and project management tools (Slack, Trello, etc).
- Knowledge of rigging in 3ds Max CAT system
- Ability to create custom bone rigs in 3ds Max
- Knowledge of rigging and skinning in Maya
- Knowledge of MEL scripting and python
- Experience with rigging for game engines such as Unreal and Unity. Knowledge of how each game engine responds to certain traits is a big bonus.
Working remotely is an option
How to Apply
To apply please send your CV and demoreel link to JOBS@ARTBULLYPRODUCTIONS.COM and include the position you are applying for in the subject line, or apply on the website.
About the Company
Art Bully Productions was founded in 2008 by 3D art professionals who have years of experience in the video-game industry. The principal artists specialize in characters, creatures, weapons, vehicles, and complex prop structures. We’re a fully functional art outsourcing company who employs highly skilled artists on a subcontractor basis. This production model allows us as a company to not only expand and contract based on our clients needs but also work simultaneously on multiple projects. We regularly work with the same experienced group of artists, as this allows us to continually maintain high quality standards across the board. The co-founders / principal artists also act as art leads for the projects at hand; this ensures that things move smoothly throughout the production process and that the clients assets meet their intended goals.