Who we are :
Klang Games is a Berlin-based game studio whose mission is to create deep and meaningful online experiences that bring people together.
At the heart of Klang is SEED, a large-scale virtual world that will provide immersive social experiences through gaming.
Caring, Harmony and Innovation are at the core of SEED as well as our core values as a company.
As a Senior Technical Artist VFX/Houdini (f/m/d) you will be expected to work independently on shaping the direction of the project as a driving force in Visual Effects and push the boundaries to deliver a unique player experience.
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your resume and meet you! We recommend that you apply as soon as possible, as interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resume and portfolio in English. All applications must include a portfolio to be considered.
What you will do:
- Create real-time VFX using Unity and external tools, such as Houdini using Shuriken and VFX Graph
- Coordinate closely with art, design, audio and engineering departments to deliver first class visual effects that exceed the state of the art
- Research VFX technologies and solutions in close collaboration with the engineering department
- Help to set up and maintain the global tools and workflows related to VFX production
- Train and enable other Artists in using related workflows and tools
- Optimize VFX workflows to increase tool usability and performance
Who you are:
- 4+ years of experience in professional game development featuring a focus on VFX creation
- A online portfolio that shows relevant projects and skills
- A gifted eye for helping to develop and work within a designated artistic style, and to execute according to the overall art direction and project goals
- Experience with Unity, its related tools and workflows, especially real-time particle systems, post-processing effects and shaders in Unity
- Solid knowledge of VEX and Python!
- Solid knowledge of third party tools, such as Houdini and other DCCs in regards of VFX creation
- Ability to take and apply direction and work well in a team environment
- Ability to document and optimize workflows
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Passionate about video-games
- Thorough understanding of performance optimization within Unity
- Basic understanding of HLSL
- Strong understanding how to build VFX that are grounded in reality
- Experience with optimising VFX for mobile platform is a bonus
- Experience with fluid sims, fracturing etc. is a bonus
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project from its inception with a lot of room for professional and personal development
- Competitive salary and 27 days of paid vacation
- Monthly public transport travel pass
- Monthly company co-contributions to private pensions
- Reimbursement for physical health activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental health support
- Flexible office hours (with core hours)
- Monthly team events and activities
- A dog-friendly office, adjustable standing desks, and mobile AC units for hot summers
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.